Price from € 240.00 per group Book
Important Information Read
• 2 hours
- Tour departs from the Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1 in front of the Jewish Historical museum- your guide will hold a sign with your name on it
- Tour will end in front of the Anne Frank house. (entrance not included)
Things to bring
- Your voucher
- Photo / Video Camera
- Private guide services
- Admissions or entrance fees
Private Anne Frank Walking tour
Travel back to the dark days of World War II on a 2-hour walking tour of Amsterdam, and learn what life was like following the occupation of the Netherlands by the Germans in 1940-1945 and how Anne Frank became an icon of the brutality of suppression. Hear the story about her diary and how it came to be published by her father Otto Frank.
Meet your guide at the entrance of the Jewish Historical Museum. (Address: Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1) Stroll past monuments and buildings still marked by traces of war. Your guide will bring the history to life, giving you a sense of how the city’s citizens behaved during the occupation, and how they moved around in times of horror.
Learn why the Dutch tried to co-exist with the occupying army, and how the Dutch behaved towards the Jews of Amsterdam like Anne Frank. Hear about special events, such as the February Strike and Winter of Hunger.
Visit the Jewish neighbourhood with its Portuguese synagogue and museum, and the head office of the Jewish counsel. Discover locations the Dutch resistance offered as secret hiding places to families like the Franks. The tour ends at Anne Frank's House. If you wish to visit the museum you must book your tickets well in advance from their website. They do no sell at the door.
Ideal for fans of WWII history, the tour also gives an insight into how the Jewish community lived, survived and still thrive in Amsterdam.
Note: Admission to Anne Frank’s House is not included.
- Cancellation more than 1 month before departure date : 15% of the total amount will be withheld
- Cancellation between 1 month and 2 weeks before departure date: 50% of the total amount will be withheld
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount is due, no refund possible
- No show: no restitution